2014年4月4日星期五

Week7:Recursion

This week marked the introduction to one of the central ideas to computer science; recursion. Although it was discussed briefly in the previous week, Danny went into to much more detail. The concept of recursion is somewhat straightforward in terms of human intuition as it follows the basic algorithm of a base case and repeating ideologies. The method in which recursion was performed in lecture was rather unusual in comparison to what I am familiar with; the way it was performed was as if the programmer was communicating in plain English. It seems appropriate to follow a majority of mathematical sequencing via repetition.

The notion of how to choose test cases was also discussed in reference to the exercise. Furthermore I began the challenging journey of the assignment. A mere task to create a program that reiterates the tour of hanoi problem. I found this a rather challenging task for an assignment in an introductory course to computer science as it  focused mainly on recursion.

没有评论:

发表评论